Basalt Mesh & Fibers
Basalt Woven Fabrics
Woven from yarns made from continuous-filament basalt, these fabrics are manufactured to varying thickness, weight, weave pattern and weaving technique according to end-use requirements.
- Good adhesion characteristics for coatings
- Non-combustible and fire-resistant
- Excellent tensile strength
- Maintains integrity at temperatures up to 1800°F / 982°C
- Resistant to electromagnetic radiation
High-performance applications from
- Fire curtains for fire protection and containment (Tested and certified to BS 476)
- Wall laminate to enhance burn-through times to meet building codes and regulations
- Filtration material for industrial emission stacks and bag-houses
- Roof protection from fire devastation
- Fireproof clothing
- Reinforcement in composites
- Electromagnetic shields
construction to clothing:
Basalt Reinforcement Mesh
Strengthen concrete pours with Rebar Mesh. Available in different sizes with epoxy coatings for concrete and composites and asphalt coatings for asphalt reinforcement.
Better than steel for many reasons
- Stronger than steel wire of comparable size
- By far lighter and easier to handle and install (no nasty cuts).
- Will not rust or corrode or cause cracking of concrete
- Flexible for easier design
- Mesh does not conduct electricity or induce electric fields
- It binds well with both asphalt and concrete
- Many sizes available: 25x25mm or 10x10mm or 5x5mm coated or uncoated mesh available
Chopped Basalt Fibers
Chopped Fibers can be mixed directly into polymers and concrete to increase tensile strength and reduce cracking and chipping.
- Available from 5.5 microns to 22 microns in diameter
- Lengths available from 3mm to 130mm
- They are completely resistant to alkali in concrete and require no special coatings
- Chopped Fibers resist cold down to -260°F and heat up to 1,500°F
- They do not conduct electricity or induce electrical fields
- They do NOT absorb or wick water
So, thinner panel with less cracking and the ability to maintain fine molded details without small areas chipping off or breaking Available in punched needle mat, chopped strand mats, sheet molding compounds or reinforced polymers.
Phone (401) 481 8422 or
Email us today for more information.
|Mouse over this image to move the Zoom Box below||Click these Thumbnails to change the Main Image|
Basalt Geo-Mesh offers a number of advantages over metal or glass fiber used for pavement reinforcement:
Basalt Mat Fiber-Felt
Able to withstand temperatures up to 1800F/982C, basalt mat/felt is made of 100% continuous-filament basalt fiber manufactured in thicknesses to suit a broad range of applications.
With excellent drapeability, it conforms to irregular surfaces to meet a variety of design needs, while its chemical properties make it highly durable and safe.